The firm of Axley & Rode, LLP was organized in 1949 with two partners, Branch L. Axley and Carl F. Rode. The original firm was located in Downtown Lufkin, Texas, and has now become a firm with fifteen partners and offices located in Lufkin, Nacogdoches, Livingston, and Jasper, Texas. The firm has over eighty-five personnel (including partners), of which approximately 75% are professionals.
Our growth has been driven by our mission, values, strong work ethic, focus on the client, and hiring top professionals. Our dedication to high standards is what will continue to lead us into an even brighter future.
The role is responsible for organizing and managing client assignments and projects, including the completion of assigned tasks and project components and coaching, advising, and directing team members in meeting client and self-development expectations. It is typically characterized by an individual with 2-5 years of experience in public accounting.
Key Success Factors
- Technical knowledge and skills.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to co-ordinate and coach a team.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with clients.
- Project manages one or more client assignments simultaneously, ensuring the overall success of each project
- Identifies client's needs/opportunities to sell/cross-sell products or services
- Establishes effective use of project management techniques
- Drafts client reports
- Shares and transfers knowledge within the team
- Develops deeper knowledge and skills in the technical field
- Starts to develop a specialization
- Actively pursues self-development opportunities
- Builds and nurtures strong working relationships with client management and peer client levels.
- In consultation with the assignment manager, organizes and controls multiple responsibilities and resources to achieve assignment objectives
- Manages the implementation of solutions for clients
- Advises and coaches team members, provides consistent recognition and encouragement to team members, and sets an example by demonstrating high energy levels and enthusiasm.
- Works as an effective team member to complete project components and assignment tasks.
- Successfully directs and maintains a motivated and empowered work team
- Performs a detailed review of the team's work to ensure quality, thoroughness, and completion of assignment tasks within agreed time frames
- Identifies opportunities to improve assignment profitability and identifies any risk management issues
- Actively supports new initiatives
Key Performance Indicators
- Meets assignment objectives (timeframes, budgets, outcomes)
- Client satisfaction
- Cross-sales opportunities
- Team building activities that improve team members and allow them to grow
- Participation in recruitment, business planning, and retention initiatives
- Quality of work
- Compliance with firm policies and procedures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience, and Personal Attributes
- Degree qualification
- Strong technical knowledge and skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong project management skills
- Team management skills - the ability to coach, motivate and direct a team of people.
- Team player with a positive can-do approach
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in delivery of quality client service
- Working knowledge of firm products and services in the practice area and general knowledge of products and services in other practice areas
- A general understanding of market trends, including opportunities, global and local business initiatives, and stakeholder/competitor interests
- Personal and professional integrity and responsibility
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monday through Friday
- 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with the possibility of overtime
- 2 + years of experience in the role of a Receptionist
- High School Diploma
We are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in the hiring process on the basis of sex, religion, race, color, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, national origin, or genetic information.